Homebirth Childbirth Education
Our homebirth specific childbirth classes are perfect for those families planning to birth at home and for families who plan to “stay at home as long as possible” before going to the hospital.
- Benefits of birthing at home.
- Benefits and types of support.
- What to buy for your homebirth hamper.
- What is needed for a water birth.
- Set up and take down of a birth pool.
- The importance of nutrition in pregnancy.
- Movement and Yoga for pregnancy and birth.
- Support, mediation and like minded community.
- Conditioning and our birth expectations.
- The holistic stages of birth.
- Positions (roleplay)
- Partner support (role play)
- Imagery: what we imagine.
- Common interventions.
- Common reasons for transfer.
- How to maintain focus and power in a hospital setting.
- Informed choice/ informed refusal.
- First hours after birth.
- First weeks to the first few months.
- Baby care.
- Infant family sleep.
- How to set up family and community food train.
- The first few hours after birth.
- The first latch.
- The importance of colostrum and mature milk.
- Milk transfer: “Is baby getting enough?”
- Structure, gravity and positions.
- Breastfeeding for the next 2 years.
“As she feels herself pulled toward the Veil she will probably want to connect with her caregivers. She may feel the need for the presence of the midwife or doctor because she understands that she will be leaving ordinary reality, taking a definitive step into the unknown, and she wants her caregivers to be aware and ready to witness.”
– Whapio Diane Bartlett
Childbirth Education classes.
Our homebirth education course runs for 6 weeks. I do both group lesson and private classes. The cost is $700 per couple.
Interested in learning more? Want to join our like minded community of wise parents and loving providers? We would love to have you join us!